Monday, August 29, 2011

I Know You Are, But What Am I?

I Know You Are, But What Am I?

I know you are up in the sky,
Shining oh so bright.
God put you there, way up high
To guide us in the night.
I know you are, but what am I?

I know you are so tall and wide
God put you in the ground.
Your branches reach from side to side,
We climb them to look around.
I know you are, but what am I?

I know you are so deep and blue,
God made you on day three.
Ships are made to sail on you,
And you stretch farther than I can see.
I know you are, but what am I?

I am black and I am white,
I'm like the star that burns at night.
I am a child that needs you love,
Created by the God above.

I am red and I am brown,
I'm like the tree that's in the ground.
I am a child that needs to grow,
I want to learn, His word to know.

I have a purpose and a light,
I want to shine, forever bright.
Help plant me firmly, safe and sound,
A vessel lost, but now is found.

No comments:

Post a Comment