Friday, January 22, 2010

Oh, that sneaky Devil!

If you were to ask anyone who is doing God's work about how they started, and the trials they went through, I bet you would hear a common theme.  They would probably say it was difficult and full of trials, but they stuck with it and have persevered.  As soon as you decide to do God's work, the Devil will starting doing his best to try to interfere.  As soon as you let God's will for your life take over, the Devil will step in and start to shake things up.  He doesn't want us to succeed because that means that he fails.  James 4:7 tells us to "Submit yourselves, then to God.  Resist the Devil and he will flee from you."  First we must submit to what God's will for our life is.  Then watch out because the Devil will sneak in and try to screw things up.  But the Lord tells us that if we resist him he will flee.

When I first decided to write this blog, I didn't know if anyone would even read it but I felt it was what God wanted me to do.  I started writing this blog, as you can see, last Wednesday.  On Thursday I was overcome by a sense of depression and wondered if I should even write anything else.  I prayed that God would guide me and the depression was replaced by my original sense that I was doing God's will.  On Friday, my computer was infected with this annoying virus called Internet Security 2010.  What a scam.  If this pops up on your computer it is not real!!  Don't send them any money.  If you do an internet search you will be able to remove it but it is a pain.  It took my husband two days to get the virus off our computer so we could use it again.  The Devil was definitely at work trying to make my writing of this blog difficult.  The weekend went well and so did the beginning of this week.  Then yesterday, for no apparent reason, the outlet that my computer is plugged into died.  After 10 years of using this outlet for various things, it all the sudden just quit working.  Hmmmm..............coincidence?, I don't think so.  I think the Devil is doing his best to try to make this blog difficult for me but so far I have been able to resist him and I will continue to resist him until he tucks in his pointy tail and runs for it.  If you are pursuing God's will for your life, plan on the Devil interfering.  He will do his best to make it hard for you.  But there is hope.  God tells us that if we resist, he will flee from us.  So, do as Ephesians 6:11 says and "Put on the full armor of God so you can take your stand against the Devil's schemes."  Then keep up the good work and the Devil will run for the hills!  Good luck and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment