Monday, March 1, 2010

The Night Light

     My daughter woke up crying last night from a nightmare.  I'm sure those of you that have little kids have been in my shoes.  Before my husband or I could get in her room she had gotten out of her crib and was almost in her brother's room.  She had never climbed out of her bed in the middle of the night before so we knew she was very upset.  She didn't want to go back into her bed and she just kept crying, "I wanna seep in your bed, Mommy!"  Well, as much as I felt for her, I couldn't start the habit of letting her sleep in my bed when she got scared.  I asked my daughter if she would like a night light on in her room (she had never had one before) and if that would make her be able to sleep better.  She said yes and went happily back to sleep with her new night light on.
     Sometimes, as Christians, we have terrible times and we are struck with such fear that we just want to run blindly in the dark to the closest person we can find for comfort.  But we have the greatest night lights ever in God and his son Jesus Christ.  Psalm 18:28 says, "You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light."  God took our fears and shined the light of the Son on them and banished them.  Psalm 27:1 says, "The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"  What do we have to fear?  Who do we have to fear?  Nothing and no one as long as we have the Lord as our night light.

No comments:

Post a Comment