Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Reverse Your Thinking

      Do you catch yourself worrying a lot?  I do.  I worry about my kids, my husband, my health, their health, my family, my friends, my money, and the list goes on and on.  Where do you stop it?  How do you stop it?  In these economic times, worry is a constant.  Many people are losing their jobs and their homes.  They don't know where to turn or what to do.  In the book of Luke, Chapter 12, starting in verse 22, Jesus tells us, "do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear.  Life is more that food, and the body more than clothes."  Easier said than done, right?  How do you stop worrying?  How do you change your thought process from worrying to trusting God?  By prayer and practice.
     Start by thanking God first for everything you have and then asking him to help you.  Many of us start our prayers with a "Dear God please help me" attitude instead of a "Dear God thank you for all the things you have already done for me" attitude.  Luke Chapter 12, verse 31 says, "But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well"(NIV).  Seek God's kingdom first and He will provide all those things you were previously worrying about.  Reverse your thinking, seek God first, and practice trusting instead of worrying.

No comments:

Post a Comment