Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Seeking Joy

     A couple of months ago, I heard a wonderful, godly woman speak on joy at my MOPS meeting. It had such an impact on me, that I decided to go through the Bible from cover to cover in search of joy. I will be posting a couple of verses and some thoughts each week on joy. I hope you will check in and find some joy with me.
     First, I would like to challenge you to do the same thing I did. Take a 3x5 card and write on one side what brings you joy. On the other side, write what takes away your joy. This was a powerful activity for me because it brought to my attention that I am a primary stealer of my own joy. Reflect on these things as you read the passages in the Bible with me on joy.
     Finally, I would like to share with you four things that were given to help us fight for joy (I did not make these up, they came from the speaker):
  1. See joy as a command and a gift through scripture.
  2. Understand that you will need to fight for joy daily, believing God is who He says He is.
  3. Attack the sin that blocks your joy in God by the sword of the Spirit.
  4. Learn the secret of "healthy guilt" through God's promises.
     I will be sharing the first verse next week. I am starting in Genesis and will work my way through the Old Testament and then the New, sharing each verse that talks about joy. I will be referencing the NIV version. I hope that you will follow along and take a joy ride with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment