Monday, February 1, 2010

Heat up Your Marriage this Valentine’s Day


     “I slept, but my heart was awake.  Listen! My lover is knocking: “Open to me, my darling, my dove, my flawless one.  My head is drenched with dew, my hair with the dampness of the night.”  I have taken off my robe- must I put it on again?  I have washed my feet- must I soil them again?  My lover thrust his hand through the latch opening; my heart began to pound for him.  I arose to open for my lover, and my hands dripped with myrrh, my fingers with flowing myrrh, on the handles of the lock.

What do you think of when you read this?  I bet you may not have guessed that I got this paragraph from the bible.  This comes from the book of the bible titled Song of Songs or Song of Solomon, depending on your version.  There is a whole book of the bible that talks about our sexual relationship with our husbands!  If you haven’t read this book before, try reading this out loud to your spouse on Valentine’s Day and see where it leads!
     God wants us to have a healthy sexual relationship with our husbands.  He puts this command right at the beginning of the bible, in the first book, Genesis.  In Chapter 2 verse 24 it says, “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.”  There are many opinions out there on the book Song of Songs and mine is just another one, but I believe that since God thought the physical relationship between a man and his wife was so important, He put that book in the bible as a resource for us.  There are many other resources out there for Christians on how to spice up the sexual part of your marriage, but this one you may already have if you have a bible at home.

Happy Reading and Happy Valentine’s Day!!












No comments:

Post a Comment