Saturday, February 20, 2010

What's in a name?

     My husband gave me the coolest present for Valentine's Day this year.  It was a great card with a big wad of money stuck inside.  He had sold some of our old gold and gave me the money.  The card said I had to spend it all on the bracelet I have been wanting.  Is that cool or what?  I have been wanting a Pandora bracelet since before Christmas and so I was thrilled to finally be getting it.  Once I started looking for the pieces to make my bracelet I realized that if I wanted an "authentic Pandora" bracelet I was going to be spending all the money my husband gave me on just the bracelet!  But I wanted beads too, of course.  I started looking for different brands.  I was able to find a beautiful bracelet at my local Elder Beerman store and a whole bunch of beads by looking on ebay.
     So what's my point?  The point is, there is only one thing in this world that it is important to get the real deal.  That is Jesus Christ.  There is no "store brand" and no "knock-off" that will be just as good as the real thing.  There is only one God and one Jesus Christ.  In the book of Acts, Chapter 4, verse 12 it says, "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."  No one else and no other name.  He is the one and only.  We have to look to Him for salvation and guidance.  He is the real deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment