Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Less than Stellar

Ever have a less than stellar parenting day?  Yep, me too.  Today, as a matter of fact.  I had a horrible case of insomnia last night and as a result, I had less than my normal amount of patience for my 3 1/2 year old son.  What worse is that my husband was more than happy to point out my flaw.  I hate it when that happens.  So I took myself off to the shower to hopefully refresh my spirit and start over.  What happened next?  My husband came in and, not thinking, shut off the light in the bathroom.  "Hello!!  Am I invisible?", I thought.  That reminded me of a video I saw at my MOPS meeting called "The Invisible Woman." 
If you have a moment please watch it.  You won't regret it.  When I remembered this video, I was immediately calmed.  I am not invisible.  God sees me and everything I do.  He knows that I am trying my best to be a good parent and that even though I stumbled today, I didn't fall.  I caught myself early and was able to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment